Narrative description of Project: The projects include water and energy saving studies of approx. 25 school buildings, consumption which were retrofitted/renovated or reconstructed to measure the energy performance before and after the related construction
• World Bank,
• European Investment Bank,
• Council of Europe Development Bank,
• İslamic Development Bank and
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
As a consultant; Optimal is responsible for: ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY SUSTAINABILITY
Water / Energy Savings Case Studies of Renovation/Reconstruction Projects
• Case studies prepared and submitted to the Client for selected schools which have gone through renovation or reconstruction.
• Before and After Analysis: Calculation of the energy and water savings realized in m2 and number of students, based on comparisons of energy and water consumptions before and after renovation / reconstruction works for the selected schools. 25 (twenty-five) schools in total will be analyzed.
• EDGE Certification Benchmark Analysis: Sustainability benchmarking and reporting of three (3) selected schools using IFC EDGE certification criteria and levels, based on the post-reconstruction/renovation status.
• Energy Performance Certification Analysis: Conducting calculations and preparing final Energy Performance Certificates of three (3) selected schools, in accordance with the new BEP-TR EPC system.
• Carbon Emissions Reporting: Calculation and reporting of Scope-1 and Scope-2 carbon emissions using Quick Carbon software in accordance with ISO 14064 and Greenhouse Gas Protocol standards for one school selected by the Client.
• Reports: Reporting of the results obtained in the course of the above studies in detailed report and summary
presentation format. Preparing an Infographic Presentation desired by the Client.
• Energy and Water Consumption Analysis Services
Obtaining and Collecting Information and Documents to Be Based on Consumption Analysis
o Setting up a project-specific FTP site for the collection and sharing of the project and related documents
o Taking authorization / power of attorney from the Client to obtain past energy and water consumption information from related institutions (İGDAŞ, BEDAŞ, ENERJİSA, İSKİ, etc.)
o Gathering of power and water consumption information from the relevant institutions and collection in a common folder
o Gathering information about the physical capacities of the buildings and the size of the buildings via Client (Number of classrooms, student capacity, number of teachers, closed sports hall, number of computers, daily working hours, annual working days, etc.)
o Uploading As-built projects that reflect the current status of the buildings to the project specific FTP site,
o Calculation of the current status area sizes to be used in the buildings’ calculations through as-built projects
Consumption Analysis and Report Preparation
o Tabulation of current energy and water consumption information by buildings in the light of collected information and documents
o Calculation of specific energy and water consumption values according to the time based tables of current and past energy and water consumption values (eg. energy consumption per m2- kWh / m2 or per capita water consumption – m3 water / person)
o Analysis of specific energy and water consumption calculations compared to before and after retrofitting and/or rebuilding,
o Visualization of Inputs and outputs when necessary and presented as a final report to the Client